- This describes what needs to be checked in in the Github repository.
- Docker Doc contains a list of all official python images
- The simplest possible 1 container django docker uwsgi setup: https://github.com/dockerfiles/django-uwsgi-nginx
Local Development Environment with Docker
- should I? Is it worth the trouble?
- Mac OS X Setup: https://www.docker.com/docker-toolbox (docker-machine command creates a virtual machine that is ready to run docker containers)
- Exposing the code to the host system for frequent change-and-review in web development is a problem on Mac OS X: http://www.ybrikman.com/writing/2015/05/19/docker-osx-dev/
Automated Deployment with Docker:
- On the local system, the Github repo is created, containing server config files and a Dockerfile
- On a github push, an automated docker building process is triggered:
- The new (latest) docker image is available on docker hub
- Open question: How can docker hub after successfully building the image deliver it to a server and mount it?
- Example for a deploy script: http://paislee.io/how-to-automate-docker-deployments/
- Docker Images should be updated autonomously on production / staging / testing servers but that’s not the case:
More worryingly, some people seem to believe that the latest tag will be automatically updated — that if I pull an image marked latest, docker will take care of checking it is still the newest version before running it each time. This is emphatically not the case – just as with every other tag, you still need to manually docker pull new versions.
Enters Shippable: http://blog.shippable.com/topic/continuous-deployment-cd
Backup with Docker
- Commit a specific running docker container periodically into a docker image and upload it to the docker registry (i.e. docker hub)
Docker Multiple Containers
- multiple containers with separate data container
- Docker Compose is the former fig: https://docs.docker.com/compose/compose-file/ – it handles the multi container configuration.
Setting everything up in Shippable.com: http://blog.shippable.com/shippable-continuous-delivery-to-amazon-ec2-container-services