I have tweaked the standard DjangoCMS link plugin a bit. My version can be found here: https://github.com/what-digital/djangocms-link
Standard DjangoCMS Link/Button Plugin: https://github.com/divio/djangocms-link
The new version features some advantages:
- Both button and link are
aelements that can be easily styled
- Made use of the new PageField that features a better page selection for links to DjangoCMS pages
- Introduced the possibility to link to a file
- Introduced the possibility to add a class to the
aelement for custom button styling
- Bugfix: Inside the link plugin, other content elements can now be added (avoid other links though!) instead of using the link name as anchor text.
- The plugin also unregisters the Aldryn Bootstrap3 Button/Link element.